Leaders in Specialized Financial Advisory & Asset Management
For over 40 years, CDEV has advised the Government of Canada in unique and high-profile financial assignments. Our team of professionals brings deep public and private sector skills to deliver strategic financial knowledge and management. Based in Toronto and Ottawa with subsidiary offices in Calgary, our Pan-Canadian team of professionals works closely with the Department of Finance, including the Minister of Finance. We provide balanced strategies that optimize efficiency and maximize the value of even the most complex of Canada’s financial interests.
CDEV proudly serves the diverse commercial interests of the Government of Canada with a breadth of financial advisory expertise including asset evaluation, management, acquisitions and divestitures. As a respected Crown corporation with a well-established reputation and track record, we manage major assets including Trans Mountain Corporation, Canada’s interest in Hibernia and previously owned shares of General Motors and Chrysler. When it comes to structured financing, CDEV provides the Canadian Government with the expertise and leadership to design and implement innovative relief and loan programs.
Forging partnerships to engage in sophisticated financial solutions, CDEV champions federal commercial interests through robust negotiation. From investment to financing and risk management, we drive value to essential Canadian economic projects.
That’s CDEV’s core: Adding value for Canadians through modern financial solutions.
The Government of Canada’s Trusted Partners in Financial Advisory and Asset Management Since 1982
- In 1982, CDEV began overseeing unique and high-profile financial portfolios under the supervision of the Minister of Finance.
- In 2007, under the direction of the Minister of Finance, CDEV’s role expanded to meet the needs of the Canadian Government’s commercial interests. In 2009, under the request of the Minister of Finance, CDEV engaged in the federal review of corporate asset holdings.
- With responsibility over a number of essential subsidiaries, CDEV manages critical ventures. This includes Cameco Inc. in 1988 and 30 years later, in 2018, Trans Mountain Corporation, which owns and operates the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
- In 2019, during the sale of Ridley Terminals Inc., our time-tested and demonstrable industry expertise allowed us to forge a first-of-its-kind equity transfer to local First Nations, furthering the Government of Canada’s commitment to engaging in fair and profitable Indigenous economic participation.
- In 2020, CDEV together with the Department of Finance designed the Canadian Government’s COVID-19 financial relief loan program for large employers, the Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) through a dedicated subsidiary, the Canada Enterprise Emergency Funding Corporation (CEEFC).
- To date, CDEV has divested assets generating $9 billion in sales proceeds.